New Real Estate Agent - Los Angeles, California -- Networking

New Real Estate Agent - Los Angeles, California -- Networking

Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 2 votes

Hello All, 

I’m a new REALTOR® affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Sunset Strip office in West Hollywood, California. 

I would like to connect with Real Estate Agents, Investors, & others affiliated with real estate who are interested in specifically doing business in Los Angeles, and surrounding areas.

Even if you can offer great advice, please connect with me. I'm ready and willing to learn from those who have been through what I'm currently going through as a new agent.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brett SynickyPro Member
    Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant · Orange, CA · Member since 2013 · 873 posts · 497 votes
    10y

    Hi @Account Closed

    Welcome to the dark side. The way I see it there are really 3 ways of making it in this business. 

    1.  Grind it out, door knocking, handing out your business card to other parents at your kids soccer games, telling everybody you meet what you do, getting a client, working super hard for them so you have no time for e farming so your lead gen stops, then starting it up again once you're done with that client.  Take it from me, ebbs and flows in income are not fun. Work a ton of hours and never see your family. 

    2. Join a team and get leads given to you. Work a decent schedule, perhaps even a fixed 40 hours. 

    3. Becomes  a team leader and build your own team. Do it right, work a lot of hours for a few years and then remove yourself from the business as much as possible. Think E-Myth. 

    Now I'm a fan of #3 but not everybody is.  The only way ANY of this will happen is with coaching, training, and accountability. Find yourself a coach and if necessary pay for it. Watch out for snake oil salesman. There are a ton in this industry, so do your due diligence ten times over. Once you establish a plan, stick with it and block everything else out. (Well except BP of course)

    Good luck and don't hesitate to hit me up if you have questions. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hello @Brett Synicky! Thanks for the advice, and taking the time to write me. I will do more research and see which way works for me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.