Buy and Hold · Leander, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 6 votes
Hello BP,
We are looking to get into the Amarillo,TX market and wanted to see if there are any Amarillo agents here on BP. If you are an investor friendly agent, reply and we can talk about want we are looking for.
Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 51 votes
10y
@Scott R. is right. I have looked at Mls everyday for 4 years. Unless you are talking about the occasional HUD house, there really isn't killer deals to be hard there. Or at least, I'm not great at finding them. May be if you are going to shoot out low ball offers on stagnant listings, that would probably work if you can Find aomeone that's willing to do that. I've found that chasing my own leads through word of mouth and buying from wholesalers and burned out investors is a lot easier and more effective here. If you have some experience and know the market you, might look for a less experienced realtor that's willing to show more doors and write more Offers.
@Scott R. is right. I have looked at Mls everyday for 4 years. Unless you are talking about the occasional HUD house, there really isn't killer deals to be hard there. Or at least, I'm not great at finding them. May be if you are going to shoot out low ball offers on stagnant listings, that would probably work if you can Find aomeone that's willing to do that. I've found that chasing my own leads through word of mouth and buying from wholesalers and burned out investors is a lot easier and more effective here. If you have some experience and know the market you, might look for a less experienced realtor that's willing to show more doors and write more Offers.
Real Estate Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 547 posts · 214 votes
10y
I would say owner financing is almost non existent in this market.. Maybe a few wholesalers that will carry short term, but almost none of the traditional actual owner carry houses. There's one investor that carries trailers at prob 5 times what they're worth, and another investment firm that carries $25k houses for 60+ on lease options.. This market is too solid, there's really no need for owner finance as most can cash out at decent prices, I havent seen a house owner finance for anywhere near the actual value in years, and I actively search daily.