Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 1 vote
Hello, I just got my sales agent license. I'm looking for a broker sponsor. I'm doing this for my own investments only, so I don't need any formal training, office space, generate leads etc. Preferably an annual fee and per transaction cost. I've emailed a couple of prospects but did not get a response back. Let me know if you know one that is investor friendly. Thanks!
If you are actively doing creative real estate investing (wholesaling, owner-fi, flipping, etc.), then I hope you will check us out. I am the CEO of StepStone Realty which was made from the ground-up to support the creative real estate investor with a license. We give you the freedom to do your investing activity, but don't just leave you on your own. Our support and community will actually provide with more opportunity with your investing as well!
Once a month, our agents voluntarily get together for breakfast... we call it our mastermind. You can come as a guest one time and I want to invite you as my personal guest. It's on the 12th of May at 9:00 a.m. Message me and I will get you the address (we want to guard it against just being another "Meetup"). The masterminds are awesome! We do a market report, talk about our leads, deals, etc. in a very safe and helpful environment. I've been investing for 12 years and I learn something new at every one!
We do these in each of our major markets... DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio every single month. It's a great opportunity to really get a sense of what we are about, meet some of our other investor/agents and see if StepStone is the right fit for you. Since we're really the only brokerage in Texas that is built from the ground up to support the investor, I think you'll be pleased :)
Message me for the address and I hope we can see you there!
Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 1 vote
10y
Please send me more suggestions. I'm still looking as the one I've contacted are not members of the realtor board that I'd like to join. I prefer to be member of MetroTex because I heard that it's the largest in my area. Appreciate it.
Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 12 votes
10y
Dona Alvarez I researched discount brokerage a few months ago before switching. Here are a few I found:
- Texas Broker Sponsor
- Broker Broke Up
- Ambiance Realty
- NB Elite Realty
Hopefully that helps!
Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
10y
I settled on TX broker sponsor for their low fees compared to local brokers in Houston. They are out of San Antonio but offer a no frills flat fee service ( I expect little support for the price). My advice is to ask to review their detailed fee structure/policy before making your decision, for example if they have to review your deal more than twice, they charge additional fees. Determine your basic needs then take the time to research each broker fees and services to find a good fit.
Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 1 vote
10y
Thanks @Derrick Houston@Eli Mint@Jonatan Barbera ! I've sent out email and called Texas Broker Sponsor a few weeks ago, but I didn't get any response. Will check out the rest, I appreciate it!
Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 8 votes
10y
I am also a StepStone agent. The sponsoring broker and her husband invest so are investor friendly and get it. They have a lot of networking opportunities and are based out of Austin so have MLS access to San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos and I think some more MLSs. Have been with Keller Williams and Re/Max so their fee structure is MUCH better. And they are responsive.
Real Estate Agent · Nationwide (United States) · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 34 votes
10y
Hi Dona, My name is Dan Francis... I'm the husband-investor and owner of StepStone Realty that Faye mentioned. Thanks to Faye and Jonatan for the shout out!
Like they said, we're not just investor-friendly. We are more creative-investor centered and recently, have been growing quite a bit in your neck of the woods (and definitely on MetroTex). Everything we do is geared to taking creative real estate investing up a notch and into the mainstream. We are building a community where all of our agents (we've gone from 4 to 87 in 18 months) are first and foremost creative real estate investors. That means we can help each other, trade deals honestly and fairly and together we can take creative real estate investing up a notch into a more legitimate, mainstream and extremely ethical business.
I would love to chat with you more about it and learn more what you goals are. please feel free to reach out to me... my direct cell is 5-one-2 7-three-1 four-541 or you can pm/email me through here as well.
Not only are we the place for investors to hang their license, we can help you be a better investor!
Real Estate Agent · Frisco, TX · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
10y
I am also looking for sponsorship in Denton area. I am looking for an investor oriented broker to sponsor me preferably with monthly flat fee. thank you for your help.
Real Estate · Oak Point, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 15 votes
10y
Kavi, I'm an agent in Denton and could give you information on my broker if your looking for a good one. They have people from all different angles that help when needed.
Real Estate · Oak Point, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 15 votes
10y
I am with Fathom Realty. It works great for the way I'm doing things because they don't charge as much as the "name brands" If you'd like more information on them let me know I'd be happy to share.
Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 6 votes
9y
@Kelly Courtney I see your post was from last year and curious to know if you still feel the same way about Fathom Realty. I got my license last week and looking for a sponsoring broker in the DFW area.
If you are actively doing creative real estate investing (wholesaling, owner-fi, flipping, etc.), then I hope you will check us out. I am the CEO of StepStone Realty which was made from the ground-up to support the creative real estate investor with a license. We give you the freedom to do your investing activity, but don't just leave you on your own. Our support and community will actually provide with more opportunity with your investing as well!
Once a month, our agents voluntarily get together for breakfast... we call it our mastermind. You can come as a guest one time and I want to invite you as my personal guest. It's on the 12th of May at 9:00 a.m. Message me and I will get you the address (we want to guard it against just being another "Meetup"). The masterminds are awesome! We do a market report, talk about our leads, deals, etc. in a very safe and helpful environment. I've been investing for 12 years and I learn something new at every one!
We do these in each of our major markets... DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio every single month. It's a great opportunity to really get a sense of what we are about, meet some of our other investor/agents and see if StepStone is the right fit for you. Since we're really the only brokerage in Texas that is built from the ground up to support the investor, I think you'll be pleased :)
Message me for the address and I hope we can see you there!
College Station, TX · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 4 votes
9y
Any investment friendly brokers that support both DFW and College Station? I'm looking for sponsorship and Stepstone seems ideal, but they understandably don't have a College Station presence. Thanks.
Real Estate Agent · Nationwide (United States) · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 34 votes
9y
@Zach Hodge Hi Zach, We would still love to chat with you. It's correct we aren't currently on the College State MLS, but definitely are willing to join if you are going to be having active listings/business there. We have other options as well.
Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 73 votes
5y
I know this thread is old but has for anyone looking, Broker Breakup might be a good option, especially for investors. They are based in Dallas but offer sponsorship all over Texas.