Wanting to get out of state FL sales license.

Wanting to get out of state FL sales license.

Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 2 votes

Hello,

Taking my test for my OH license soon.  I want to add a Florida license to my name as well.  I travel there frequently and have many contacts/friends down there as well.  My OH broker has his and the continuing education/renewal fees are very reasonable, not to mention the fact that you dont need a sponsoring broker in Florida.  Long story short I can't find a reason not to have a second license.  My question is this... 

Has anyone on here gotten there license in FL recently and who did you use for the 63 hour mandated classroom hours online?  Id like to find the cheapest option possible since all that national stuff is very fresh in my mind and this test will likely be a breeze.  

Any other info would be wonderful.  Thanks everyone.

Ken

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    I just finished the FL online course last week with RealEstateExpress, which is the cheapest as far as I know.  I passed the license exam yesterday.  The course is not a problem but does lack specifics on the Florida laws.  I supplemented my learning for the lic. exam with a book by Linda Crawford called FL Real Estate Principles and Law.  You can get it through their website or at Amazon.

  • Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    I also uses RE Express and passed the salesperson and the broker exam for FL. For the salesperson course I suggest taking a cram session a day or two you take the exam for the FL specific information. OR read the FL statutes that come with the online course. It will be the best way to pass the test.

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks everyone.  Ironically that was the site i was likely to go with!  Looks like both are run by that McKissock Company which was also part of the site i used to study for my ohio license (licensetutorcom). and i passed with an 87% on my first try just this last friday, so i guess why change a good thing.  Signing up now!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.