Freshly licensed Michigan agent in search of a broker...

Freshly licensed Michigan agent in search of a broker...

Realtor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 4 votes

I just passed the exam this past Friday and now my next step is to find a broker willing to take me on as an independent contractor. I know it's not ideal for most brokers but hopefully I can find someone willing! 

I live in Rochester Hills, MI and currently work as a lab tech in Sterling Heights. Fortunately, my job affords me plenty of free time for computer/phone networking and I also welcome working as an agent for investors. 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Corrie

0Reply
15 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Highland Park, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    hi what exam did you take? I just moved to Michigan last week. No friends no family but I'm eager to work and learn

  • Property Manager · Flint, MI · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!  Have you tried talking to your local REALTORS association for some resources or leads?

  • Realtor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Sabrina Wright-

    I took the real estate license exam. It's so intimidating to move to a new area- I'm sure you'll do fabulous.

    @de 

    @Account Closed-

    That's my next stop after here!

  • Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 611 votes
    10y

    @Corrie Moore My wife just went through same process as you 6 months ago. She has been super busy since and only going part time.  PM me and I can give you her # to ask questions

  • Highland Park, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    are there any meet up locations? Online is fine but I would like to meet people from Michigan face to face... Maybe I'm the only one. Relationships breed something special, no selling just sharing ideas... Support. Any suggestions

  • Wholesaler · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 133 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    Hi @Corrie Moore and @Sabrina Wright I'm a full-time wholesaler in Michigan.  2 groups I highly recommend are:

    https://www.facebook.com/DetroitInvestmentClub

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/MetroDetroitRealEs...

    Metro Detroit meets in Troy, which would be convenient for you and you could find a broker too!  If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know!

  • Realtor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thanks so much @Jeff Lipple! I have a meeting scheduled with a broker in Bloomfield next week. I'll need to create a Facebook page once I get established and I will definitely be attending meetups. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Suggest Keller Williams. The training is great and they are supportive of rookies.

    Commission split is good for rookies.  If you want better commission most will not train you and treat you bad.

  • Wholesaler · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 133 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    @Corrie Moore no problem!  If you don't want to create a Facebook page you can go to www.meetup.com and find them on there for their schedule. The Metro Detroit Group in Troy typically meets in the middle of the month.  Tom and  @Aaron Yates run that group.  You can always reach out to us when you want to know when they are or where  they're meeting.

  • Realtor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the advice @Sam Shueh- I work in healthcare so I'm no stranger to bad treatment and terrible pay. (Haha- just a little healthcare humor.) 

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the tag @Jeff Lipple.

    We announce the date and time foe Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors usually during the first week of the month @Corrie Moore.

    We use to move arou d to different venues every month. Troy seems to be the best area for the highest attendance.

    @Tom Auterman and I would love for you to attend and start meeting some great people in Real Estate.

    Its free to attend. Attendees are responsible for there own food and drink.

  • Realtor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thanks so much @Aaron Yates! I very much look forward to it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.