HyeSu Han
  • Corvallis, OR
Votes |
New agent buying primary residence and get referral

HyeSu Han
  • Corvallis, OR
Posted Apr 29 2017, 13:16

Hello, 

I recently passed the Oregon broker's test, and is looking for a brokerage to hang my license. I have a full time job and I got this license to get me into the investing field.

I am currently looking for a house to live in in Albany, Corvallis or Philomath. Since I haven't found a brokerage yet, my license is inactive. I am not planning to buy other investment properties anytime soon because I don't have resources yet (time and money). 

Here are my questions.

1. Do I need to disclose my status? I am not even sure if I am technically considered as an inactive licensee since I never joined a brokerage firm before.

2. Is it possible to get a referral or split the commission from my buyer's agent (havent identified one yet)as long as I active my license before the closing date?

3. How risjy is it to buy my own house without a buyer's agent without going through trainings from the brokerages? I am considering to join an internet brokerage where they don't charge any monthly desk fee. This means I can technically buy my house with my license but may not have much support or training from the brokerage.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...