New to Real Estate · El Segundo, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
The subject line pretty much says it all,
I've just completed my Prerequisite courses for the state of California. I will be sending in my application for exam soon, however I was wondering If there are any Exclusive Buyer Agency Brokerages in Southbay Area of LA County?
I've been listening to podcasts, youtube videos, and asking around about who I should hang my license with, and the consensus is, that the best way to start is working with buyers.
Any words of wisdom? Anyone in this area know of these types of brokers?
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
Welcome! I see you live in Texas, but applying for a license in California. My first question would be, what do you know about real estate in California? Getting your license is a good step. However; having knowledge of the market where you will be working is critical. If you're completely inexperienced in working in the real estate field, I'd suggest finding an office that has some type of training program, and learn. Real estate is a very competitive market in California, and a good foundation is important.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 76 votes
9y
Not exactly sure what you're asking - are you looking for a firm that works exclusively with buyers? If yes, I'm not sure any exist. All brokers want listings as listings bring the most steady business. All firms want to work with buyers and sellers. If you want to work solely with buyers first and specialize as a selling (buying) agent), that's fine, but it's not dependent on the broker at all.