New agent. Broker said I need to go to mls orientation.

New agent. Broker said I need to go to mls orientation.

Dunnellon, FL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
What does this mean? Is there a class you have to take?
0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2017 · 172 posts · 107 votes
8y

Hi Nathan,

I can't speak specifically for Florida, but in Washington there is an MLS orientation class you have to take. They show you the basics of the MLS system and how to use it. Only after you take the class do you get access to their system. I would presume it's the same or similar in Florida. Ask your broker for clarification on what you need to do. They should be there to help guide you into the industry.

- Jake

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2017 · 172 posts · 107 votes
    8y

    Hi Nathan,

    I can't speak specifically for Florida, but in Washington there is an MLS orientation class you have to take. They show you the basics of the MLS system and how to use it. Only after you take the class do you get access to their system. I would presume it's the same or similar in Florida. Ask your broker for clarification on what you need to do. They should be there to help guide you into the industry.

    - Jake

  • Dunnellon, FL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Jake Alger thank you! I’m aware it is a class I need to take but I’m having a hard time finding it when I search on google. Is it a NAR thing? I’ll ask my broker what he recommends I was just curious if it is something local or something I can take online.
  • Real Estate Broker · Apopka, FL · Member since 2017 · 492 posts · 528 votes
    8y
    @Nathan Baker like Jake said it is through the MLS and not broker or Realtors Association. I'm part of the mfrmls and they offered the classes online. I believe there were three I had to take: an orientation, MLS basics, and listing. It is a bit dry but really goes through all of the functionality of the mls system where you'll be doing all your searching/listing. The classes are included with membership fees.
  • Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2017 · 172 posts · 107 votes
    8y

    @Nathan Baker I'm sure it would be directly through your local MLS. For my local MLS, we had to sign up and take it in person. It isn't something through NAR.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.