Real Estate Agent · Murrysville, PA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
I enjoy content writing and I wanted to begin branding myself as soon as I become an agent. I want to write blogs involving real estate that caters to several crowds of people. Would it be wrong for me to make a separate website showcasing myself as an agent with a built in blog? I obviously am going to include my brokerage and team logo on the website as well. I don't want to come off making as a traitor to the team I represent.
Rental Property Investor · Hilton Head Island, SC · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 13 votes
7y
@Gerard Antonucci
Thats perfectly acceptable. The more status and attetion you can gain the more money everyone connected to you will make. Check out this guy’s page he is a realtor friend and has done a very good job of marketing himself. www.robertmoul.com
I think it’s completely acceptable & shouldn’t raise any concerns at work.
You are branding yourself and building your clientele.
This is what being successful is all about!
Awesome. My biggest concern would be with me real estate name (not so much the brokerage). I wouldn't want the team that I am a part of to believe that i'm pushing myself away from them when that is not the case.
In the long run you have to keep your best interests first. Realtors change Brokers fairly often.
Thank you for replying! My biggest concern was my other team members (not really the brokerage) would think that i'm trying to push away from the team. I'm going to check out that website right now.
Realtor · Member since 2018 · 138 posts · 174 votes
7y
Hi Gerard,
Just a heads up to check with your brokerage regarding any policies they may have regarding the words used in your domain name. For example the two brokerages I've worked with are fine with agents having their own websites, but do not want the world 'realty' in the domain name or website title - or any other word that implies the agent has their own brokerage. (That might even be an MLS and not a brokerage policy - but either way, it's very easy to choose wording that doesn't create problems.)
Also you may already know this but a lot of agents don't so I'll just mention it, be sure to put your geographic location (i.e. city or cities you work in) in the title tag of the site, it's one of the most important site descriptors from a search engine standpoint. You can see what a page's title is by mousing over the tab of any website page that's open in your browser - i.e. BiggerPockets.com is "BiggerPockets: A Real Estate Investing Social Network". A lot of agents put their name and "Real Estate Agent" or something along those lines as the title of their blog/site, but their prospective clients are searching for agents in a specific location and if you don't specify where you work there's nothing to distinguish you from an agent on the other side of the country. Same goes with titles of blog posts when location is relevant to the post.
Also you probably know this already but I sometimes hear from people who don't, so just in case, it should be readable in a normal way to a normal person, Google is very smart now and stuffing too many keywords into a title (or anything else) creates problems. Good luck!