I'm a real estate agen and I'm making no money.

I'm a real estate agen and I'm making no money.

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Maybe its my market or more like me. I want to invest but have no money. And as an agent I'm not making any money. I dont want to get a regular job because im scared of being stuck like I have been in the past. I'm from nyc and I need help.

0Reply
4 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    87% of real estate agents fail out of the industry altogether, which is right in line with the small business failure rate of 90%.

    Most small businesses do not turn a profit in their first 2 years in business, and barely eek out a profit in year 3.

    Being an agent, like any small business requires you to spend capital in order to build the business, regardless of whether revenue is coming in or not.

    The median income for a full time agent is right around $50,000 per year.

    I say those things to help set expectations. I dont know how long you have been in the business, but if it is just a short period of time, use the timelines above to help set realistic expectations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.