Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
If you’re an active agent with more capacity to list and sell, and avoid probates because you’re worried they’re complicated and involve attorneys and courts, you are missing out out on of a massive market.
A few agents will “stick their toe” in a probate sale, repping a buyer but run like hell because they never bothered to study the process and put off by the unfamiliar forms and terms.
This is unfortunate. That’s because the largest transfer of wealth in the nations history is occurring right under the nose of the very people who would be excellent at finding these sellers and helping them.
Surprisingly, only a handful of agents seem to make an effort to focus on listing probate estates and trusts. This is unfortunate because the markets are underserved and the clients truly need competent, caring representation.
If you’re an experienced agent in CA who actually works in the field more than on a screen, we’ll help you find and get more listings on these forums and in our free Facebook group.
Now, how can you best contribute? What say you, @Mark Pedroza ?
Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
7y
Another way, for me, to market to existing probates, I'm always looking at probate notes (Tentative Rulings) from Sacramento/San Francisco and Placer counties.
Why is the estate taking long to settle? (Final Distribution)
It could be Appearance is required for continued hearing on amended trust petition or
Missing proof of will or
Publication is insufficient where petitioner has indicated she seeks IAEA power or
Missing relationships of persons listed in line 8 of petition of probate to decedent or
Appearance is required for continued hearing and trial setting on petition to determine trust property, Missing service of notice to (those heirs/beneficiaries with an interest in the property) etc., etc.,
So, I would re-send my introduction letter to the PR's as well to the heir's.
I also market to new probate listings where the PR is self representing the estate. (In pro-per)
When (ever) I receive contact from the PR (In pro-per) and for whatever reason they're having a tough time keeping the court calendar appearance (mandatory) I refer to an attorney to whom I have a working relationship with and maybe get the listing in the future.
So many probate files @Rick H. that for awhile I was also contemplating working Marin and San Mateo counties as well.
But that would be to much on my plate.
Right now I'm just enjoying the journey even if it gets bumpy...