Can you get your NJ Real Estate License online?

Can you get your NJ Real Estate License online?

Real Estate Agent · Livingston · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 6 votes

BP Nation, 

I am looking to obtain my NJ Real Estate license. Anyone know of a company that can do the training online? I live near Hoboken and was looking for a online solution to obtain my real estate license. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Robbinsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 8 votes
7y

Unfortunately, the 75 hour Pre-Licensing Course is not available online in New Jersey. You are actually required to attend the class in person! Your best option is to google "New Jersey real estate schools" and look for a provider who offers the classes near you. I took the course through the Weichert School of Real Estate. There is no obligation to sign up with them as your broker after becoming licensed (I actually end up at RE/MAX). Hope this helps!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Dozens of online sources to take the required course.  To take the state test though, it will have to be in person wherever the state designates.

  • Real Estate Agent · Livingston · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Wayne Brooks any nationally recognized training school that you could recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Robbinsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Unfortunately, the 75 hour Pre-Licensing Course is not available online in New Jersey. You are actually required to attend the class in person! Your best option is to google "New Jersey real estate schools" and look for a provider who offers the classes near you. I took the course through the Weichert School of Real Estate. There is no obligation to sign up with them as your broker after becoming licensed (I actually end up at RE/MAX). Hope this helps!

  • Real Estate Agent · Livingston · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Giovanni Maggipinto thanks for the info. I wish there was a online program. How much did you pay through Weichert for the class?

  • Real Estate Agent · Robbinsville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Zain B. You're welcome! I was surprised that an online option wasn't available also. I don't remember exactly what I paid at the time, but it was similar to other courses that were available. Maybe $350-$400. Here is a link to all the current class providers, so you can choose a course that works for you: https://www.state.nj.us/dobi/d... Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Livingston · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Giovanni Maggipinto thanks for the info. Appreciate all the help

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.