Votes
Tarica Davis
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
Considering getting my Real Estate License

Tarica Davis
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Nov 10 2019, 23:55

Hello, I'm not sure if any of you guys have read my previous forums but I am new to the REI game and need help getting started. I have little to no capital and am considering getting my RE Agent license to get some experience and exposure with my market in Rochester NY and Earn some capital towards my first investment property. I recently found out that the agent doesn't hold their own license, but that their sponsoring brokerage does; does anybody know how things work if you don't end up liking the brokerage you have and want to change? How does the license transfer? Is it a simple process? Just asking because you never really know what kind of relationship you will have with your sponsor until you start one and I'm not sure how they will feel working with me being as though I am an aspiring investor. Should I even bark up the license tree or just network at my local REIA and find someone to take me under their wing with wholesaling or something to help generate some capital and experience?

Loading replies...