• Real Estate Agent
  • Howell, MI
Votes |
19 Yrs old thinking about getting real estate license

Jacob Merritt
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Howell, MI
Posted Nov 30 2019, 13:40

As the title says, I’m a 19 year old college student. I’m finishing my first semester in two weeks and overall I was pretty successful. The problem is I’ve yet to feel truly happy with what I’ve done with my life. I’m going to school for a degree in Chemistry and I just can’t see myself doing it the rest of my life. I’ve recently gotten very interested in real estate. I am thinking of getting my real estate license and dropping out. While I realize this is a big choice, I feel like it’s not that unrealistic. From what I’ve gathered so far I plan on working for a brokerage firm possibly with other agents and splitting a portion of commission. A big influence on my decision is the fact that I will no longer have to worry about my student loans going forward and I’m am able to live with my parents starting out. This means I’m able to start saving essentially all income to be able to make future investments down the line. Am I being too ambitious? I realize being 19 is young in this industry but I’m able to put in more hours and work harder than my competition. Any advise with finding a firm to work under once I get my license, what’s important starting out, and any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...