Madison, WI · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 20 votes
Hey BP family,
I'm wondering if there are any real estate friendly jobs out there? Are there positions or fields of work where you are surrounded by other investors? Being an agent may be the obvious answer, but what are some other jobs that could be tackled that are entry-level, but could be filled by someone getting into the investor world?
Real Estate Agent · Wakefield, MA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 12 votes
6y
As an agent myself, I have gotten to work with investors and have learned a lot. From buy and holds to flippers. Great to bounce questions off of and learn how your local markets work while doing it. Another great option would be a property manager as these guys work with the owners of the properties directly. It’s almost like a practice run for when you own an investment property yourself because you’re doing all the things you’ll have to do as the owner. That’s if you decide to manage your own properties. If you do, I’d recommend Mike Butlers book “Landlording on Autopilot”. Great read.
Real Estate Agent · Wakefield, MA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 12 votes
6y
As an agent myself, I have gotten to work with investors and have learned a lot. From buy and holds to flippers. Great to bounce questions off of and learn how your local markets work while doing it. Another great option would be a property manager as these guys work with the owners of the properties directly. It’s almost like a practice run for when you own an investment property yourself because you’re doing all the things you’ll have to do as the owner. That’s if you decide to manage your own properties. If you do, I’d recommend Mike Butlers book “Landlording on Autopilot”. Great read.
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
@Melissa Gallegos assistant to developer, project manager, appraiser, etc. What are your current skills? Learn skills pertinent to real estate, construction and/or development. Add value.
Madison, WI · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 20 votes
6y
@Melissa Gallegos
Thanks, everyone!
I of course want my own investments on the side, but to also be around like-minded individuals. I have a great job right now, but studying to get my real estate license currently and have an interview for a property management position next week. Fingers crossed!