Looking to become a Real Estate Agent in Tampa area

Looking to become a Real Estate Agent in Tampa area

New Orleans · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 4 votes

Hi all! I am a 'retired' chemical engineer looking to become a Real Estate Agent/Investor in the Tampa, FL area. We have one property (in New Orleans) that we just finished remodeled and are waiting to pass all inspections before we put it on the market.  Currently living in Texas, moving to Florida in August. 

Was wondering if there is an online course I should take to prepare for the Real Estate Agent exam.  Also what are some books that helped you prepare for the exam? I googled but found contradicting information in different sites.

Thank you in advance for the help!

1Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Tampa Bay · Member since 2019 · 68 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    Hey Abigail,

    When I got my license I used Tony Mesa's online course. Very straight forward and includes study guides for the state exam. Good Luck! Let me know when you are looking at brokerages to work for.

  • New Orleans · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    I will look into it thank you for your input!

    Originally posted by @Adam Poshka:

    Hey Abigail,

    When I got my license I used Tony Mesa's online course. Very straight forward and includes study guides for the state exam. Good Luck! Let me know when you are looking at brokerages to work for.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 240 posts · 155 votes
    6y

    Hey @Abigail Nalbandian ! It sounds like you're ready to jump into real estate sales full time! I've found that studying apps are helpful in that they allow you to study on the go and really ingratiate yourself in real estate whenever and wherever you are. The Dearborn and Real Estate Exam Practice apps were my favorites. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.