Work from home schedule

Work from home schedule

Realtor · Harford County, MD · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 33 votes

Recently with covid I have struggled to find a consistent schedule for real estate. My husband works a w2 job which hours very and we have 2 babies under 2. We have chosen to keep our children home from daycare and limit their interactions during this time. We own several rental properties and I am a full time real estate agent. I was curious to how other people are juggling this crazy situation. Any examples of schedules or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

1Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · DC MD, VA & NV · Member since 2014 · 512 posts · 292 votes
    6y

    Having 2 young children, I certainly empathize with your situation @Alyson Anderson!   My real estate schedule has actually been easier during COVID as my work is even more remote than normal!  i.e., Open Houses are prohibited, showings of tenant-occupied are prohibited, more virtual and on-line showings, and because my office is 'in the cloud' there is no need to go to an office for meetings, etc.  I have access to on-line training 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, I just attended a local (GCAAR) conference and received CE via ZOOM and a few month's ago I attended my company's annual conference (which was scheduled to be in Orlando) completely remotely in our #Virbela cloud office environment!  I've been generating leads on-line while growing my team and mentoring agents.  The challenges of course are that I've had a number of sellers pull back from listing and I've got a number of buyers waiting for prices to drop, however, that doesn't seem to be happening!  We're in multiple-offer situations which means Buyers need to prepare stronger offers, generally waiving home inspections, etc. and often buying 'subject to viewing/inspection' after contract ratification!  Perhaps you can make better use of 'nap times' or other times when you can work remotely.  This is a terrific time to reach out to your sphere and past clients just to touch base and continue to nurture relationships.  Perhaps others with small children will chime in here with their ideas...  would be curious to see how others are managing their 'work at home' schedule these days!  Best of luck-  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.