Real estate agent also an investor, which brokerage you join?

Real estate agent also an investor, which brokerage you join?

Real Estate Agent · Exton, PA · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Licensed agents, which brokerage did you join and why? 

I recently passed my salesperson exam, I am new to real estate but I am ready to buy 1-2 properties. 

My priorities are 

1.learn about the process/gain access to listing and build a network 

2.save money on commission and some extra income . why not   -

Some questions i have 

- Which brokerage has good training for brand new agent? I hear Kelly William is good? 

- Does any brokerage helps you for your personal transections ? 

   I am planning to buy 1 - 2 next year, i am too new to handle my own deal the 1st year, and hoping to get help ; and i am planning to buy 1~2 every year so I would like to handle my own deals without paying the commission to the brokerage if possible.   

Thanks!

1Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Keller Williams wrote the book on investing....the Millionaire Real Estate Agent, the Millionaire Real Estate Investor, The One Thing, FLIP, and HOLD. 5 different books from the experts experience.  So you can start there.  No other brokerage and leadership has done this.   KW also offers it's top producing agents the opportunity to invest in offices and other real estate....perhaps the office building that a brokerage will rent for example.  So lots of savvy people around to learn from.  I always say you can network with the right people inside the club....people who have flipped 1000s of houses, people who have 100s or 1000s of rentals, etc.   So get in and get connected.

    One question you should ask is how commissions are handled on personal transaction.  Each brokerage handles this a little different.  Some may give you one free one, some 3 free ones, so may want you to help a buyer or seller first and have a closed transaction before they give you a free one, etc.  Don't let that be your deciding factor.  You're not going to get rich by saving a commission here or there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 240 posts · 155 votes
    5y

    @Chu L.

    Congrats on passing your exam and happy holidays!

    Keller Williams does have a lot of great training programs for real estate agents. I heard their BOLD program is one of the best trainings for sales agents.

    It’s possible to keep your commission on your personal deals. There are a lot of brokerages usually local ones that lets you keep 100% commissions on all deals. If you are doing 1-2 personal deals a year eXp Realty let’s you keep 100% on 3 personal transactions per year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.