Newbie! Leaving Texas to be Realtor in Florida Help

Newbie! Leaving Texas to be Realtor in Florida Help

Real Estate Agent · Houston · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 4 votes

Dear Realtors I do not know what to do. I cannot obtain a real estate license here in Texas so I am considering moving to Florida to chase the profession. I do plan on making this into a career as it allows me to start relationships and acquire more knowledge. A part of me does not want to leave Texas and my family so I want to figure out a way to have Rental properties but I do not have a lot of money to spend. I am 19 years old if that matters. Any suggestions on how to go about this situation? All ideas are appreciated

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · College Station, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
5y

@Albric Rosa. You say "I cannot obtain a real estate license here in Texas"! 

Is there something in your background that prevents you from obtaining a RE License in Texas? I'm not insinuating anything. However, if there are background circumstances that prevent you from getting a Texas RE License, I would contend those same circumstances will  prevent you from obtaining a Florida RE License as well. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    I left TX for FL. Love it but miss TX. I opened a brokerage in Naples

  • Specialist · Boston ma · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Beautiful Naples . Well done on making the move and developing your business


    I’ll hold your info for relocation ‘retiring ‘second home opps coming out of Boston area

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · College Station, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
    5y

    @Albric Rosa. You say "I cannot obtain a real estate license here in Texas"! 

    Is there something in your background that prevents you from obtaining a RE License in Texas? I'm not insinuating anything. However, if there are background circumstances that prevent you from getting a Texas RE License, I would contend those same circumstances will  prevent you from obtaining a Florida RE License as well. 

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 348 posts · 143 votes
    5y

    As  @Jim @Jim Cummings asked I am curious as well to know what exactly it is that is holding you back from licensing in TX that is not an issue in FL. I think knowing this can help us understand more about your situation and be better able to potentially give you advice. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Michael Glist @Jim Cummings Yes I am restricted because I am not a Permanent Resident, In Florida however you would only need  a social security number.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · College Station, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
    5y

    @Albric Rosa. Go for it!

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 348 posts · 143 votes
    5y

    @Albric Rosa then I would say go for it. If you are able to get licensed in FL and not TX and this is what you want to do then go for it. If all else fails you can always move back to TX if things don't work out. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.