Where should I 1031 to in NJ for a multifamily property?!?!

Where should I 1031 to in NJ for a multifamily property?!?!

Member since 2019 · 187 posts · 74 votes

Hey everyone, looking for some advice here. I am under contract to sell a condo that I own in northern new jersey. I live in Monmouth county. I want to 1031 into a 2-4 unit multifamily property (preferably 4) Ive been looking through the MLS constantly and not much seems to jump off the page at me. I could really use some ideas. Thanks everyone!!

Nick

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Warren, NJ · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 16 votes
5y

Hey Nick thanks for the follow and great question, the market is pretty wild right now.  I would highly recommend hunting off market. I was recently fortunate enough to put two multies under contract in ocean county that I stumbled upon through a neighbor of a place I already own.  Hit the markets you really want to dive into and put some feelers out with multies that interest you.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Warren, NJ · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    Hey Nick thanks for the follow and great question, the market is pretty wild right now.  I would highly recommend hunting off market. I was recently fortunate enough to put two multies under contract in ocean county that I stumbled upon through a neighbor of a place I already own.  Hit the markets you really want to dive into and put some feelers out with multies that interest you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Rumson, NJ · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Hi Nick, I'm an Agent here in Rumson - yes the market is a little insane right now.  But if you ever want to chat, let's connect for a bite or drink (coffee, libation, etc) - have a great day!  -Brian

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @NIcholas Hamel

    There are some out my way, but in this market its not a great time to buy, unfortunately.  Other than off market, your better bets are in the eastern portions.  In the western portion, there are some, but I'm not sure if want something that far away from you...  Let me know if I can help.

  • Member since 2019 · 187 posts · 74 votes
    5y

    @Wayne Loux. Thanks for responding wayne, I cant seem to find many properties where the numbers work. I found one gem but my property wasnt sold yet so I was kind of screwed. Off market was exactly what I was thinking. I need a good agent who is knowledgeable when it comes to investment properties

  • Member since 2019 · 187 posts · 74 votes
    5y

    @Brian Allen thanks for the invite Yea lets talk soon. Ill send you a message

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.