ISO 100% Commission Investor Friendly Brokerages in Texas

ISO 100% Commission Investor Friendly Brokerages in Texas

Dulce DavisPro Member
Member since 2020 · 62 posts · 17 votes

When I interviewed my current 100% commission broker I laid out my plans as an investor to which he was good with. Apparently his mind has changed. My business has been hindered over the few years since I do not have the guidance I crave for investor growth, legalities, etc, and a recent event/comment has shown me I am no longer looked upon in a favorable light. I am interested to learn if there are any brokerages that cater more to investors? Or, am I looking at this all wrong? As part of my current situation, a nice lead generating platform is included in my MLS dues so I would like to keep that. It provides vacant homes, preforeclosures, loan balances, equities, tenant occ, and so much more...Any ideas/opinions?

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    2y

    The reason most brokerages arnt into this is because if 25% of your transactions are you as a principal or representing family members, then most e&o policies will not cover you. 

    I'm states where e&o is required, it may actually then end up disqualifying you from having a license then.

  • Dulce DavisPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 62 posts · 17 votes
    2y

    @Russell Brazil good to know. I have found several standard brokerages that are very investor friendly tho even with the E&O. I was hoping to find another 100% commission brokerage to keep costs low. So far the benefits of the standard brokerages dont outweigh keeping my commission to utilize for CRMs and such that I prefer over theirs.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Russell Brazil:

    The reason most brokerages arnt into this is because if 25% of your transactions are you as a principal or representing family members, then most e&o policies will not cover you. 

    I'm states where e&o is required, it may actually then end up disqualifying you from having a license then.

    It’s hard to structure a scenario where conflict of interest is eliminated.  If you represent a buyer(s) and find a “great” deal you’re inclined to purchase for yourself, are you fulfilling your agency relationship with your buyers if you don’t offer them an opportunity to purchase that property first?  Likewise, if you obtain a listing, can you buy it yourself and still have represented the best interests of the seller.?
    while it’s always possible to structure scenarios where you are both a broker and a principal, the APPEARANCE can be one of impropriety.  People (and regulatory agencies) are a lot more attuned to anything that compromises the agency relationship than they were 30 years ago.  
    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.