HELOC on Investment Property in Missouri

HELOC on Investment Property in Missouri

Nathan BarilkaPro Member
Investor · Central Oregon · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes

We have a rental property (a duplex) in Missouri with a 3.5% rate and a decent amount of equity after our renovations. Originally we were going to cash out refinance, but with rates as they are today it doesn't make sense to do so. I've searched the forums and called a fair amount of financial institutions in search of a HELOC for the property. Either it's not a service offered or they do not offer HELOC's on duplexes (nobody has been able to tell me why that is though). I still have a few more calls on my list to make, but wondering if someone might be able to point me in a direction of an establishment that offers a HELOC on a duplex investment property. Thanks all!

US Bank: No

Rocket Mortgage: No

TD: Not offered in MO

Navy Federal: No duplexes

SoFi: No

Rate - No duplexes


I should mention I've tried to use the 'LENDERS' tab here on BP but the link does not seem to be working for me. I'm unable to input/add/edit any info that would allow me to find lenders through this site.

1Reply
19 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Nathan Barilka

    try The One Brokerage, David Greene's mortgage company.  Not affiliated with them / not sponsored, just have worked with them as a client.

  • Nathan BarilkaPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Central Oregon · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Thanks Nicholas, that's super helpful. I'll give them a call today and see if they have any products that might be helpful. From the looks of it, they have a much broader spectrum of offerings that we might be helpful in the long run too.

  • Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Any 1-4 unit can get a HELOC. Only question is, do you own more than 10 properties and is it owned in a llc?

  • Nathan BarilkaPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Central Oregon · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    @Josh Dan we do not own more than 10 properties and yes, it is under an LLC. I was informed we'd likely take the property out of the LLC to establish the HELOC then put it back under the LLC afterwards.

  • Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Then no problem to do it even in a LLC.

    Rates at most lenders are around 10% depending on FICO and LTV.

    If you take it out of LLC you might run in to the title seasoning problem.

  • Nathan BarilkaPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Central Oregon · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Yeah, I brought that up as a concern, I'm not totally sure if it's required just yet. I should find out more details tomorrow.

    FICO is high 700's/low 800's, they said they'd do anywhere between 70-80% LTV depending on a few factors.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.