FHA Duplex Purchase fpr First Time Home Buyer

FHA Duplex Purchase fpr First Time Home Buyer

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone! I am so thankful I found this website. I am a newbie with investor goals. I am looking to purchase my very first property next year and I am trying to put everything in gear to be approved. I would like my first property to be a duplex in the Atlanta, GA area or a surrounding location. I would like to connect with a mortgage professional who knows the FHA guidelines regarding purchasing a duplex. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 42 votes
9y

Welcome Felicia. I've been around BP for a couple years, but currently have paralysis by analysis or whatever its called. I'm looking to do something similar so if you find any good information please let me know. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Welcome Felicia. I've been around BP for a couple years, but currently have paralysis by analysis or whatever its called. I'm looking to do something similar so if you find any good information please let me know. Good luck!

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Felicia Richardson and @Paul C.

    What would you like to know?

    Stephanie

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the response Stephanie. Hopefully not hijacking this thread.

    I recently puchased a home with conventional loan and asked about potentially using FHA 203K loan, but was steered pretty strongly against it. One reason I was told is due to the fact that the market is so hot, buyers would much rather accept an all cash or conventional loan over FHA due to it being a hassle and longer closing etc.

    1) Is there a way to find which homes/duplexes would be eligible for FHA 203k loan in certain neigborhoods or should I just look for properties that may have been on the market for a while so probably not as much competition?
    2) Is there anything else I would need to think about if I were to purchase a duplex with FHA 203k loan vs a SFH?

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 42 votes
    9y
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Hi Felicia Richardson Just wondering if you were able to find a lender in Atlanta? I am also looking.... Noelle
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.