What questions to ask when evaluating private investing firm

What questions to ask when evaluating private investing firm

Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I decided to take a safer route and become passive investor with private RE investment firm. They already have a portfolio of properties, their enter threshold is $75k. I would like to know what questions do I need to ask during the evaluation interview, face to face with one of the partners?

I have some questions in mind, but would like to know community's opinion on this subject.

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Denis Davydenko Ask to see the P and Ls for the portfolio for the past 3 years. Also the tax returns that would show the properties. I think it may be called a schedule c or e. I say this because you can pencil whip a P and L to ake it look good but the tax return may show a different story. also speak with a handful of other investors who are also partners.

  • Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Makes total sense, @Alex Deacon, appreciate your swift response!

  • Investor · Columbus , OH · Member since 2010 · 311 posts · 51 votes
    9y

    @Denis Davydenko, 

    I will suggest that you speak with others that have invested with them & have an attorney review your agreement with them.

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.