How long are fha case number taking to be transferred?

How long are fha case number taking to be transferred?

Real Estate Investor · BALDWIN, NY · Member since 2010 · 12 posts · 0 votes

I have been waiting for 3days now and the broker is telling me the case number is still not transferred.Is this normal?

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    15y

    Was it your case number that is being transferred or another case number that needs to be canceled and then reissued to your loan?

    If it was your case number, it should only take a day or two once the broker who originally had the loan initiates the transfer. If you need to cancel a previously issued case number, it will generally take about 3 days in my experience.

  • Real Estate Investor · Nashville TN · Member since 2009 · 287 posts · 171 votes
    14y

    Old thread but I have a similar question and was hoping to get some help.

    I have a renovation I did under contract to be sold. The buyer's lender informed me that there is an FHA case number attached to the property. I have owned the property for about 3 months and didn't use financing, so I'm guessing it's either:
    a) a mistake or
    b) from someone who tried to buy property before me using an FHA loan

    Buyer's lender is reaching out to the lender associated with the FHA case number to get more details, but I'm wondering if there are other things I should be doing to make sure this doesn't hold up settlement.

    Thanks in advance, Jon

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.