Looking to get buy a rental property for the first time

Looking to get buy a rental property for the first time

Rental Property Investor · Boardman, OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Im looking for any advice, I am 19 have around 10k saved up to put towards a property, but I only have 1 year worth of work history. I don’t have any expenses as I live with my parents and make 30k-40k a year what should my first steps be to get pre approved for a loan. I found a multi family house that has 2 units and rents for $750 a month and there asking 120k. Do I need to wait another year and save up more money or is there any way I can get approved for a loan? Thanks

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Philip Dwyer

    I would speak to a local mortgage broker and they will be able to review your situation in depth and tell you what you should do to prepare to be approved for a mortgage.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boardman, OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Charles Carillo

    Thanks I’ll look into it

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.