Lost my job, but I have a co-borrower?

Lost my job, but I have a co-borrower?

Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 33 votes

Hi all,

I would like to purchase a home near my son in a neighboring city. Unfortunately, I was let go during Covid and currently have no W-2 income. I have ample savings and a good credit score, and one of my other children who earns good money has agreed to be a co-borrower. Would I still be eligible for a loan?

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 306 posts · 133 votes
    5y

    @John Anderson - It can be but do not have to be as long as they are your partner in writing and it is a conventional loan. That rule can be used by your lender requirements. Good luck!

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Anderson:

    Hi all,

    I would like to purchase a home near my son in a neighboring city. Unfortunately, I was let go during Covid and currently have no W-2 income. I have ample savings and a good credit score, and one of my other children who earns good money has agreed to be a co-borrower. Would I still be eligible for a loan?

    Hey John

    Sorry to hear about your job.  If this is going to be a non-owner occupied property, you could do it as a no income verification loan.  Rates are in the 4's on a 30 year fixed for people with "ample savings and good credit score".  It's a great alternative to conventional financing.

    Stephanie

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.