Please post your FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE stories here...

4 Replies

As most of you know, there are many ways to generate wealth by investing in real estate. It's likely that many of the strategy all of us employ will differ.  

If you have achieved financial independence by investing in real estate, congratulations!  I'm interested in your story.  Would you please consider posting it for us all to enjoy?

If you're unsure about what structure to use, this might be helpful:

1. Starting out.   What was your initial goal?  How did you start?  What was your strategy? How did you ramp up/grow your business?

2. Mistakes/Lessions. What mistakes did you make?  If you were to do it all over, what would you do differently?

5. Going Full Time.  When did you quit your day job to focus full time on investing?  How did that feel?

4. Suggestions.  What recommendations would you give to others seeking to become financially independent?

I'll post mine shortly.

Thanks in advance.

@Jon S.

Last week you were boasting of amazing returns and when someone takes you to task on them you close your account and create another one ? Doesn't seem like the profile of someone who is going to manage a multi-million dollar fund

@Greg H.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I can assure you that any returns that I quote are accurate my friend.  Feel free to contact Brian Burke, Jay Hinrich or many of the other experienced in state/out of state investors that I know personally who can vouch for me.

Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by @Jon S. :

@Greg H.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I can assure you that any returns that I quote are accurate my friend.  Feel free to contact Brian Burke, Jay Hinrich or many of the other experienced in state/out of state investors that I know personally who can vouch for me.

Best of luck to you.

Jon, is that you?  It's me Bob.  Why did you bail on the last discussion?  I thought you were a newbie by the content of your posts.  Why did you throw away almost 600 posts?   

@Bob Bowling

I didn't bail.  See my recent post.  I was in meetings for most of the day yesterday.

Are you living in the Bay or Hawaii?  If the Bay, have you done any development deals?

I recently learned that there are over 3,000 vacant lots in Oakland and a partner and I are looking at doing some small development.  He already owns a lot within 100 feet of Lake Merritt.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.