New to Real Estate · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hello all,
My wife and I just bought our first small multi-family home in Minneapolis. Upon digging into making some repairs before renting it out it appears that the 3 season porch is in need of more work than I thought (and can handle). Does anyone know of some local handy people that you trust?
In a perfect world they'd be willing to do things a little differently as I'd like to finish the attic down the road and do so in an environmentally sound manner.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
1y
I’m not well-acquainted with the area, but this platform offers excellent opportunities for making connections and networking. Have you considered joining local Facebook groups? Many groups are focused on specific interests or activities, so you can find ones that align with your professional goals.
My wife and I just bought our first small multi-family home in Minneapolis. Upon digging into making some repairs before renting it out it appears that the 3 season porch is in need of more work than I thought (and can handle). Does anyone know of some local handy people that you trust?
In a perfect world they'd be willing to do things a little differently as I'd like to finish the attic down the road and do so in an environmentally sound manner.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Is the work structural or cosmetic? If it's structural, you might need a full GC and not just a handyman. I like starting with the latter to assess and go from there.
It sounds like a job that will take a few weeks or more, and so If you're able to rent it now, you might want to do that, as we are in the slow rental period, and waiting even a few more weeks will hurt your chances of renting before Winter. Even if you think you must fix it now, I would still market it as you are looking for contractors and tell all prospective tenants your plans for remodel. You can even give them a lower rent during the remodel period. Win-Win