Suggestions for good contractors in my area? Bastrop, TX

Suggestions for good contractors in my area? Bastrop, TX

Police Dispatch · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 7 votes

I'm familiar with a few contractors in this area, that's why I'm asking for suggestions. I've used several over the years and have always ended up with a problem, e.g. 10 yards short on a foundation, bathroom remodel due to a water leak that I had to fix because it leaked again, closets rearranged and I had them put back but ended up with the light switches in place but no lights because they're covered over, etc. I'd really like to find one that isn't a drunk, that seems to be next to impossible as well. Thanks all!

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hello Lorilyn,

    Were you able to find any reliable contractors in Bastrop? I'm pondering the idea about possibly getting a property that needs some TLC and would love to know if you've found someone you trust.

    Thanks,

    Jordan Higley

  • Police Dispatch · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Hi Jordan, I'm sorry for the late reply I only just saw this. I have not located a contractor in Bastrop. I did get in touch with a gentleman out of Austin and he looked at some properties with me, but I didn't make any purchases so that's as far as it went. I hope you found someone, they're hard to come by.

    Regards,

    Lyn

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Just a heads up for those starting out in the investing arena.

    You won't find "good (ie. professional / high quality) contractor who will walk properties with you unless you're paying them for their time.  Professional contractors value their time and are often too busy to walk properties unless you own it or control it via contract.  I've been rehabbing for 16 years and never once had a contractor walk a property with me unless I owned the property.  My main contractor has been with me for about 11 years because I respect him and his time as much as I do my own. 

    Another problem I see with many newer investors is they want a "good, cheap contractor".  You can find good or you can find cheap...but you won't find both in the same person. Pay for a professional and that that's what you'll get if you do your homework.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.