Looking For a Contractor in Detroit Michigan Area

10 Replies

Hi all

Can anyone please recommend a general contractor in the Detroit Michigan area that I could us to do rehabs. I'm in the early stages of sourcing projects and looking to put together a team of good quality professionals and hoping to avoid the not so good ones.

Thanks for any help offered.

you are in Aus and rehabs are here? how will this work? i am curious. do you have people that will do the legwork?

@George P.

Hi George. I am in Australia but I am about to extend my investment business into the USA and I have some good contacts on the ground but I am always looking for more. I already manage remote projects here in Aus.

What to do you do?

I update my rehabs but recently updated a few for other investors.  I have my guys that I go to but they are subs,  I am not big enough to hire anyone at this point. where are the deals?  suburbs or d-town? 

I am a contractor in the Metro Detroit area, if there is anything I could help you out with message me.  

@George P.

Hi George

I am looking at different types of deals in different areas. Different properties present different types of opportunities and I operate different strategies based on my desired outcome. I am not a long term buy and hold type of investor. I look for opportunities in markets that are flat  or that have a clearly defined upside and realise the gains at the appropriate time.

I hope we can connect once I get all of my processes in order in the next couple of months.

@Chris Hogg

Hi Chris

Thanks for the hook up. I will contact you once I get  little closer to doing real deals. Should be in the next couple of months or so. Just doing a lot of research at the present time.

Best advice I've heard on finding a good contractor in any area on BP, "Go to any Home Depot at 7am and look for one". The good ones will be there early getting all of their supplies early, and if you're there at 10am or in the afternoon it's because they probably forgot something.

@Vincent Crane

Thanks for the heads up Vincent. Sounds like a good idea!

Originally posted by @Vincent Crane :

Best advice I've heard on finding a good contractor in any area on BP, "Go to any Home Depot at 7am and look for one". The good ones will be there early getting all of their supplies early, and if you're there at 10am or in the afternoon it's because they probably forgot something.

nope. did not work for me. spent a week at HD before 7am. got the worst quotes and characters one could possibly get.

@George P.

Hi George

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope to find contractors who come recommended by people who have hired their services and had a good overall experience. I will also want to see their work first hand before I deal with them. As with all things in life there are good and bad. However, I have learned over the years that the good ones are always busy because they are good and people want to hire them.

Happy investing!