San Diego Contractors

San Diego Contractors

Investor · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 5 votes
Hi all, After months of lurking, reading, and researching, my fiancée and I finally have an accepted offer on a triplex. We are going FHA with a 203k loan. The property has had a recent renovation on two of the units, but the third is a mess. Also, the roof and other areas need help. To that end, does anyone have a good general contractor they can recommend? I was thinking of making an appointment with a few contractors for the same time so we can get competing bids on what needs to be done. Does that sound like a good plan; or is there a better way to line up a reputable contractor with a competitive offer? Thanks, Ryan
1Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes
10y

Ryan, I have a question about the FHA/203k side of the deal. I also live in San Diego and make a modest income (nurse).

I've always been so intimidated by the housing prices in SD, but I know me and my S.O. want to get into real estate here, preferably a live-in flip situation on a duplex or 3-plex.  

You don't have to give me the exact numbers if you aren't comfortable, but I am curious as to how much cash you had to have on-hand for the deal you got, how much income you had, and what the process was like to get the 203k loan.  

Thanks and good luck.  I hope you find a good contractor in the area, and if you do I hope you don't keep their name a secret :-p. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Santee, CA · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I just read this thread and I would love to know how things went.  Especially in regards to the contractor, and how things went on that end.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.