Culligan Water Softener Repair - Indianapolis/Fishers

Culligan Water Softener Repair - Indianapolis/Fishers

Fishers, IN · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes

Good morning! My water softener at my rental property in Fishers is not working (salt has not lowered in months). I want to have someone look at it and wanted to see if anyone knew someone or are that someone. If so, please advise. I appreciate the help!

0Reply
15 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 256 votes
    10y

    Call The Culligan Man?

  • Fishers, IN · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed absolutely I did call them; however, others have told me it is better to have a local service man. Perhaps they were mistaken because I have found all costs to be around the same. 

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Do you know it's not working because the water is hard, or because the salt isn't moving? If the latter, check for a salt bridge - the salt on top will get hard and stuck, leaving a hole underneath. Get a stick and smash the salt up to be sure it's falling properly to the bottom. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    10y
    Take it out, it will just be a continuos source of maintenance. It probably adds no rent value. I always rip them out when I buy a new place.
  • Fishers, IN · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    @JD Martin Great advice! I will definitely look into it. I appreciate the input. 

    @Joe Splitrock The water in Fishers is really hard and without the water softener the Water Heaters do not last long. I do not know anyone in the neighborhood without one; however, if not for the extreme hard water, I would remove the softener due to the continuous source of maintenance you referred to above. Appreciate the post! 

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Brandon, send me a PM if you want some help walking through checking it out yourself. I had a lot of experience with softeners when I worked plumbing years ago in college. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.