Do you bring along a General Contractor to a potential rehab/flip

Do you bring along a General Contractor to a potential rehab/flip

Rental Property Investor · Hampton, VA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
If you find a potential house to flip or rehab, is it best to setup a contractor to meet you out there with your agent to let you both in and try and get a good estimate on repairs? Also is it usually free for contractors to come out and give an estimate?
0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    9y

    @Chris Blount..I  perform basic estimates, but If it's a major problem, I get contractor in after house under contract(only)..Basically, during  inspection period...I also work with some good handymen for pricing...HVAC, Roof, Plumbing, Electrical(licensed unless it's minor)...If moving forward with deal most will come out, but might charge a small fee...Once your'e doing deals, no fee...

  • Investor · Mountaintop, PA · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 57 votes
    9y

    I only view properties when my GC can be there.  I suggest that you find a good, reputable GC, and build a business relationship with him.  On your first couple of properties he may want to be paid for his time.  But as you aquire properties and give him business, he should be more than happy to do walk throughs free of charge.

  • Rental Property Investor · Hampton, VA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Thank you all for the info. I'll go find a good GC.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.