New Pittsburgh Investors looking for great contractors

New Pittsburgh Investors looking for great contractors

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hi BP members, My family (brother (28), sister (22) and father) and I are beginning our venture into rental real estate investing as a family business as my dad begins to ease into retirement. We have been looking in Pittsburgh for cheaper rental properties in need of minor updates (painting, flooring, etc) in order to do most of our own work and get the property turned around and rented. Our search has been ongoing for about 6 months at this point and we've scoured the market and landed on two properties that fit our model. We were set to close on our first duplex in the homestead area and were performing our final walk through when we found out the place had been completely ransacked by someone who stole the copper wiring, furnace, water heater, and destroyed the kitchen and bathroom doing so. We have since backed out from that deal as we are not handy enough to make or understand the volume of repairs that need done. Our second property is also in the homestead area and we are set to close on the property within the month. The property is an older, poorly maintained multi family that we will need to put a bit more work into than we bargained for. As such, we are looking for help in building a team of trustworthy, licensed/insured contractors that can assist us in roofing repairs, plumbing (fixing leaks), repairing plaster ceiling, along with a slew of smaller issues. If anyone has any recommendations for contractors in the Pittsburgh area please let us know as we'd greatly appreciate any help! I'm also happy to share any additional details that we have regarding our rental search, opinions on the various Pittsburgh neighborhoods, or anything else that might be of interest. For some background, I am a full time CPA with my real estate certificate (no license yet) and our family has an LLC set up to treat this venture as a true business, adding 2-3 properties per year.
0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 11 votes
9y

Hey TJ, Congrats on getting started in real estate. I took the plunge a couple years ago. My company does property management and we help guide folks through all phases of identifying to managing their properties. We have flipped a few houses as well. I can walk the property with you, help you estimate the cost of repairs, and then complete them for you. We are extremely competitive on pricing, our goal is to help you be successful and then hopefully get your property management business. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can connect. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Hey TJ, Congrats on getting started in real estate. I took the plunge a couple years ago. My company does property management and we help guide folks through all phases of identifying to managing their properties. We have flipped a few houses as well. I can walk the property with you, help you estimate the cost of repairs, and then complete them for you. We are extremely competitive on pricing, our goal is to help you be successful and then hopefully get your property management business. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can connect. 

  • Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 885 posts · 359 votes
    9y

    @TJ Spence sounds like you're well on your way.

    I've worked with @Neil Metzger before, I think you guys should meet up.

    I'm a registered, insured contractor so if you need anything, feel free to reach out.

    Welcome to BP!

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @TJ Spence I'm in Pittsburgh and starting to take the steps toward real estate investing in the second half of my life (expecting to live to 100 (finger crossed)). I'm interested in the story of this apartment building in Homestead ended, or if you went forward with it. I've been exploring SFH as well as smaller multi-family.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.