Need licensed contractor for Full gut Duplex rehab in Chicago IL

Need licensed contractor for Full gut Duplex rehab in Chicago IL

Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

I am in process of looking to get different bids for a total gut rehab of one of my duplexes in Chicago IL.

I would like to see if anyone happen to know any honest contractor, that has experience with such projects, that is used to work with investors, and that keeps his prices reasonable while still delivering a good final product.

I would highly appreciate any information anyone could provide.

Thank you!

PROJECT SCOPE OF WORK:

Total Price to include all finishes, design materials, and rough material.

Total gut rehab of entire building. Including architect drawings, permits and expediter.

Demolition

New electrical service and wiring throughout

New plumbing throughout

New central air systems in each unit.

New hardwood floors

New windows and doors

New roof

New kitchen and bath

Fix outside elevations

New fences and landscaping

New 2 car garage

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 219 posts · 104 votes
9y

@jan brumec

If you need a GC. I can recommend mine. I am finishing up a house we did a complete gut rehab on now. I can send you some pictures and contact info for my GC if you PM me. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 219 posts · 104 votes
    9y

    @jan brumec

    If you need a GC. I can recommend mine. I am finishing up a house we did a complete gut rehab on now. I can send you some pictures and contact info for my GC if you PM me. 

  • Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Here are some pictures of the property:

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oqmevwbp6o1vqt/AAA7lWOEnR3bDfNN3m9SIIr3a?dl=0

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 283 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    @Jan Brumec Would love to help out here and give an estimate if you are still looking!

  • Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Alex Bok I have sent you a PM request with property address and contact info on how to access the property. Thank you!

  • Design | Build · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 107 posts · 35 votes
    9y

    @Jan Brumec  Architectural drawings are your responsibility unless you're working with a design build firm. Finishes are chosen by you, as well as design materials. Rough material is dictated by building codes in relation to sizing and spans of structural members. This project seems like it has multiple work scopes, so it would be handled by a GC and a few MEP trade partners and sub-contractors. Or hire a CM to manage the process for you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.