Looking for Los Angeles architect referrals who do Multi-Family

Looking for Los Angeles architect referrals who do Multi-Family

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 46 votes

I have a couple underutilized properties in Hollywood and surrounding. I am increasingly interested in redeveloping the lots to maximize the number of units per the zoning. I am ready to have initial discussions/consultations with an architect about what can and cannot be built on my particular lots taking into account elevation changes, zoning, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for an Architect that does multi-family development and knows how to help the developer maximize square footage/unit count on an investors budget?

Thanks! 

0Reply
12 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Logan AllecBusiness Member
    Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 980 votes
    8y

    @Eyal B. following

    Clarita CPA Group516 Reviews
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    I just had a referral from another BP member that I haven’t used yet. Seems like his website and portfolio is capable of this. PM me
  • Wholetailer & Architect · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 544 posts · 298 votes
    8y

    @Eyal B.I'm happy to answer any questions you have PM me.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Sean. I'm looking to engage with someone to advise approximately what can be built in terms of square footage, unit count, and approx cost per sq ft to develop based on the the land and property characteristics/grading/zoning and if there are any LA density bonuses I would qualify for. 

    I have my own assumptions, but it's time to engage with a professional that can give me a more solid advisory report. 

    I'd imagine that will have to be someone local that can come see the property and knows LA zoning well, but let me know if that is something you think you can help with.

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Eyal B.  Do you know what the zoning is of your properties?  I have an architect/GC contact that has specialized in small-lot subdivisions in the la area.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Jimmy Ou

    Both lots are R3. One is over 10K sq ft, one is 7k sq ft. Should be good for 12 and 8 units by right respectively, but I want to know about what I'm missing, what bonuses I could potentially take advantage of, and better idea of cost to build on each lot specifically taking into account the sloping, height above street, required parking type (do we need to go subterranean or can we get creative) etc.

    I want accurate information and numbers, or confirmation of my own so I can start building proformas and make decisions.  

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Glendale, CA · Member since 2013 · 685 posts · 334 votes
    7y

    Did this project go anywhere?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.