Looking for Plumber, Electrician, and Carpenter in Minneapolis

Looking for Plumber, Electrician, and Carpenter in Minneapolis

Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hello BP!

I'm in appraisal on a duplex in Minneapolis and am finally at the point where I can start discussing renovations instead of just reading forums. I'm looking for a few contractors for some work this fall.

1. Plumber: Turn half bath into full bath, plumb W/D hookups

2. Electrician: Add baseboard heat to 2 bedrooms, wire electric W/D hookups, wire 3 bathroom vent fans

3. Carpenter: Frame in a few doors, close a door into a wall, open a wall into a door, add height to garage door opening, drywall to removed walls

If anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them. I have one from my realtor but don't want to fall into the trap of only getting one bid.

Thank you in advance!

John

0Reply
17 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alyssa StromBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 214 votes
    6y

    Congrats @John Zilverberg! I'll PM you a few recommendations.

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 48 votes
    6y
    Ram Construction 952-four-five-one-3792 you can call and get a bid from. They do a lot of rentals and are in Bloomington.
  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Greg and Alyssa, thanks for getting back to me. Alyssa, I tried a few of your contacts and had some success. Greg, I'll give them a call later today!

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @John Zilverberg

    Hi John - I’m going to be starting a townhome rehab in mid December and am looking for a carpenter and plumber. Did you have any luck with your project? Any referrals?

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Kari,

    My closing process has been challenging, to say the least, and has been delayed 6 weeks due to seller issues. I close on Tuesday so unfortunately have nothing to report back as far as work that has actually been completed. Of Alyssa's recommendations, an electrician named Matt from Accredited Electric has been very accomodating to my delays, so preliminarily I would recommend him.

    Sorry I can't help further at this point!

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello John or Kari, any luck with carpenter or plumber? I am remodeling and also looking for a painter. 

    Appreciate the help!

    Nikki

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    All I have had so far is an electrician. Matt from Accredited Electric went above and beyond to be accommodating to my changing requests, and his guys did great work. I will be using him in the future and would highly recommend

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the response John! Finding it a little harder as a female to get networked...but getting there from the help of people like you. 

    Thank you!!! 
    Nikki

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.