New Construction Cost in Fayetteville NC

New Construction Cost in Fayetteville NC

San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 18 votes

Can someone give a range per SF for new construction cost in Fayetteville? I’m looking at a small home design (500-800 SF).

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Johnston County, NC · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 24 votes
5y

@Monty McLamb

i just realized you put 800SF in your original post. That is small and most likely a very basic box with a straight A roof. That could be done around 80 but please talk to a builder active in that market first.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan DiFilippoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2020 · 251 posts · 244 votes
    5y

    @Mario Arellano I'm not 100% sure, man, but presumably quite a bit. Recall, the two most expensive parts of a house are the foundation and roof. I don't know what your use for such a house is, but I can't imagine too many scenarios in which this would be the financially prudent decision.

    Happy to discuss in greater detail, and even alternative options, depending on your needs. Feel free to message me!

    Brookdale Property Management
  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    Lumber has almost doubled , contractors are now quoting , but have clauses for materials increasing in price .

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    I appreciate the info Matthew & Dan.  I'm looking at costs per SF.  I also plan to reach out to contractors within the area.  I'm sure everyone is busy right now.

  • New to Real Estate · Johnston County, NC · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    Unfortunately the best answer someone can give you to this question is, it depends.  I live and work about 30 minutes from Fayetteville, and sell building materials to all the dealers in that area.  Costs have gone through the roof and contractors are naming their price for labor because the market is so tight here.  Custom homes are running about 130 to 150 per SF and selling for 145 to 170 depending on location.  An average home can cost from 110 to 125 depending on finishes and location.  Starter homes are also high simply because of labor and materials and can start around 95 to 100 and sell for 120 to 135.  These are very rough costs and can change considerably due to materials and methods.  You are correct in assuming everyone is busy.  Finding subs is next to impossible right now and schedules for so many contractors are wrecked right now.  You just have to get inline.  I'm not trying to scare you off, just letting you know what the landscape looks like in Central NC.

  • New to Real Estate · Johnston County, NC · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    @Monty McLamb

    i just realized you put 800SF in your original post. That is small and most likely a very basic box with a straight A roof. That could be done around 80 but please talk to a builder active in that market first.

  • Investor · Garner, NC · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Mario Arellano Hey Mario! Did you find a contractor or the cost to build? I found your post searching for a similar question :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.