How to find good tradespeople and contractors?

How to find good tradespeople and contractors?

Tempe, AZ · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 18 votes

Hey All!

I have been struggling to find the right people to work with, and I am curious to hear what resources (websites, friends, etc.) that you use to find and vet tradespeople and contractors before you hire them?

Thanks!

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2020 · 611 posts · 665 votes
    5y

    Hands down, my best resource has been Facebook through my local Real Estate Investors groups. I did end up working with one terrible contractor early on who lied and stole, but I could've avoided that if I'd moved slower and asked more questions.

    If you find contractors through your local Facebook investors groups, just make sure to prioritize the advice of the more successful investors over the newer ones. Moderators who suggest a contractor are the best. Also, be more wary of contractors or handymen who reach out only via a direct message. They can be a bit tougher to gauge.

    But ask for second opinions and take your time hiring if you sense anything seems off. Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.