Would you develop this 24-acre Guadalupe River property as cabins, RV park, or hold?

Would you develop this 24-acre Guadalupe River property as cabins, RV park, or hold?

Member since 2026 · 15 posts · 1 vote

i’d love some feedback from investors on this one.

I have a 24-acre unrestricted property on the Guadalupe River in Kerrville, TX, and I’m evaluating the best use case from an investment standpoint.

Here’s what makes it interesting:

• Unrestricted land (rare for riverfront)
• Guadalupe River frontage
• Existing cabins with month-to-month income
• Strong Hill Country tourism market

I see a few potential paths:

  1. Short-term rental cabin community
  2. RV park / glamping concept
  3. Event venue + lodging
  4. Hold as a long-term appreciation play

From your experience, which route would you pursue and why?

I’ve run some preliminary numbers and would be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Also open to connecting if this is something that fits your portfolio.

0Reply
61 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6mo

    OP.  I would put this in the Advertising section.

  • Member since 2026 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    6mo

    Thanks for the tip! 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6mo

    I would hire a consultant who specializes this an run a full blown analysis of what it would cost to develop each and what the revenue/value of it would be. John burns and other companies specialize in this type of analysis.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2026 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    6mo

    I’ve started putting together preliminary numbers and scenarios to understand what different approaches could look like from a cost and return standpoint. A more detailed third-party analysis would definitely be the next step for a buyer looking to fully maximize the site.

    Part of what makes this property interesting is that it isn’t limited to one strategy—so the “best” path really depends on the investor’s experience, capital, and timeline.

    Appreciate you mentioning that—firms like that can definitely add a lot of value in refining a development plan.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.