Property with Bed Bugs

Property with Bed Bugs

Member since 2022 · 24 posts · 16 votes

Hello everyone

Happy new year.  I wanted to see what everyone thought about buying a property that had bed bugs.  The property has been heat treated and bed bugs had been removed.  Has anyone had any experience purchasing a property that had bed bugs. 

1Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2021 · 577 posts · 631 votes
    3y

    I would get a professional in that you are paying to confirm they are gone, but I would not worry about this if your inspector says they are gone. 

    While any property can get bed bugs, if you are buying property that is very cheap and has cheap rent, especially for the area, I would be aware of the tenant pool you are pulling from, and make sure that you are okay in your head with managing a property with that tenant pool. 

  • Member since 2022 · 24 posts · 16 votes
    3y

    Thanks Nathan

    I was just worried that it might come back.  Do you know if you need to disclose it to the new tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.