First Fix & Flip

First Fix & Flip

David GillettePro Member
Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Good day everyone. Just starting listening and learning from Bigger Pockets recently. I’m looking to take down my first fix and flip project but have a question before I submit my offer

ARV is $251,000

The home was purchased from some investors earlier this year for $60,000. They’ve accepted my verbal offer of $142k. They purchased it to fix and flip but decided to sell and move on. My question is why would they want to move on? Could they have found a major issue? Are they afraid of the market conditions? Do they just want to cash out? Why wouldn’t they finish the project themselves? It’s become a bit of a red flag issue for me and I’m hesitant to move forward

Thank You for your time

1Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Mesa, Maricopa County · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 43 votes
1y

Nobody passes on a good flip that they already own. That's like mining gold in Alaska, bringing it to San Francisco and saying, "I can't do the rest, take it off my hands at a discount." All the hard work is already done. 

They either know something that you don't or you know something that they don't(the only correct answer is if you know it's worth more than they think it is) 

Otherwise you're likely buying fools gold. Given that I hear this story once per week with people doing their first flip... I'd steer clear

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.