Asking for a friend- SFH w/tenants

Asking for a friend- SFH w/tenants

New to Real Estate · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 7 votes

Hi! I have a friend looking at an investment property and he asked me a question I don't have the answer to. He's looking at a SFH that has renters until next year. The realtor says there are no showings until the inspection and to refer to the pics on the listing. Because there are tenants, it's seems reasonable to me, but I haven't dealt with this before so I figured I'd come ask. Is this normal or a red flag? How would he handle this? Thanks!

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 319 posts · 119 votes
    1y

    Hi@Brandi Jefferson 

    I think that’s fairly common. I’ve been in a similar situation where the seller only allowed showings after an accepted offer to minimize disruption to tenants. While understandable, it does put the seller at a disadvantage—many buyers avoid listings they can’t see upfront. In my case, the seller ended up accepting a significantly lower price than she originally wanted due to limited interest. If everything else checks out and the numbers work, your friend might be able to use this as an advantage, especially with less competition likely in play.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.