Stop Doing Zoom Calls! Malware | Phishing Scams ihas hit Record Level

Stop Doing Zoom Calls! Malware | Phishing Scams ihas hit Record Level

Property Manager · Boise, ID · Member since 2024 · 20 posts · 7 votes

As a Idaho realtor I am experiencing high level of phishing scams. I have a listing and a supposed Buyer emails me with a note like this one I got yesterday.

 "Thank you for getting back to me. My husband and I would be happy to review the property details with you during a brief Zoom call, if that works for you. Please let us know a time that’s most convenient, and I’ll be glad to join. Best regards,Brittany". These fake idiots send you a zoom link and when you click on it it embeds malware on your computer and then they are touring your computer and you don't even know its happening until you know its happening.  

I don't know how crooks embed malware but they do.  I realized something was weird as I keep asking for a phone number and they would never email me back with phone number for a quick intro call but they just kept pushing a zoom call and they always say my husband and me want to both be on the call. Same tactic!

When something seems weird it usually is in a real estate transaction.

0Reply
22 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.