• Florida
Votes |
Best way to invest in rental properties

Shanai Inns
  • Investor
  • Florida
Posted Apr 8 2015, 12:09

Hey you guys,

I am excited to say that I will be closing on my first property (a duplex) in 7 days!! Now I am eager to learn the best strategies on how to continue to invest in rental properties (mostly duplexes, triplexes, and quads).

I've heard so many stories where people have bought properties with NO MONEY down and I am wondering if it is possible to do that with these specific investments properties that I have stated above.

I first want to let you know my situation: I am a 21 year old administrative assistant for an engineering company in Tallahassee, FL. I used a FHA Loan for my first property and let me just say...it was not easy! These loan agencies have made it close to impossible for a 21 year old to be approved for a home loan (without a co-signor). Thankfully, I had a good team of people working with me and we were able to make it happen.

Now I am wondering the best way to go about buying my next rental properties. I know there is still so much that I need to learn, but I'm just not sure where to start or if I'm asking the right questions. Any suggestions are very appreciated.  Thank you. :)