Newbie Miami in Miami

Newbie Miami in Miami

Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Hi guys I’m a newbie in The Miami area looking to get into real estate investing. I’m currently starting out with wholesaling first. I know that this is a great way to build relationships in the industry. Can anyone give me advice on finding Buyers that are serious investors in the area? 

Any information would be helpful thank you!!! 

2Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 30 votes
8y

Hey Jamile! I second what Karl said and also you are on the right track by introducing yourself on here! In addition to REIA meetings and meetups, posting on here is also a great way to network and find what you are looking for. We are having a meet up coming up next Sunday that I will tag you in!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 35 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jamile Brown:

    Hi guys I’m a newbie in The Miami area looking to get into real estate investing. I’m currently starting out with wholesaling first. I know that this is a great way to build relationships in the industry. Can anyone give me advice on finding Buyers that are serious investors in the area? 

    Any information would be helpful thank you!!! 

    Hi Jamile, Biggerpockets is a great way to connect with other like minded and motivated individuals. I would 100% recommend going to local REIA meetings and meet ups, you will be able to continue learning from others who are further along in wholesaling and investing, and also connect with investors looking to buy properties in your area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    thanks Karl for welcoming me!!!!! Can you tell me what days are those meetings I would Love to be in attendance 

  • Accountant · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    Hey Jamile! I second what Karl said and also you are on the right track by introducing yourself on here! In addition to REIA meetings and meetups, posting on here is also a great way to network and find what you are looking for. We are having a meet up coming up next Sunday that I will tag you in!

  • Specialist · Broward County, FL · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    What @Karl Hinkel  and @Krystal Todd have recommended are right on the money. BP is a gold mine of information that you can dig through to find the answer to almost any question you have regarding your real estate business. As Krystal alluded to though, participating in the forums is a priceless way to get to know your community of investors. It also shows the BP community that you're serious about the industry and you're not just someone that will fade away after a week or two. If you can find a way to provide value to the discussion forums, it will go a long way to helping you fill up that buyers list of yours.

    I will also be at the networking event Krystal mentioned. It's an informal event catered to the "newbie" so we should be able to meet plenty of like-minded individuals at different stages of their REI journey. Hope to see you there!

  • Accountant · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    I'm happy you will be in attendance @Robert Saunders! will be great to put a face to the name :) I urge anyone reading this to join the event. Worse case you get a few drinks, best case you start your journey to REI and financial freedom!

  • New to Real Estate · Plantation, FL · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Jamile Brown Hi and welcome to BP! What everyone has said is spot on! You'll find so many posts here about how to find buyers (networking, REIAs, craigslist, cold calling, back tracking buyers through public records, etc), along with anything else you need.

    I went to the BREIA meeting a few weeks back for the first time, and yup, you definitely LOT of investors there, many of whom can be added to your cash buyer list. I know there's a Miami Dade specific one too. It is tough going out there your first time and knowing how to approach someone and just talk to them as a newbie (still finding my way through that) lol.

    Good luck! Hopefully we get to connect with you next weekend at the meetup if you can make it!

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you Mitchell!!! I truly appreciate the warm welcome as I’m very serious about my real estate investing career. Those DREIA meetings you mentioned can you provide me any information on when and where they are? Or how to find more of them ? 

    Thank you and yes Ill be at the social networking events! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hiiiiii I am a newbie in the south Florida area looking to get into real estate investing as well. I’m currently interested in Flipping and wholesale. Just wanted advice on getting started and networking by introducing myself. I appreciate this platform as well as all of you for taking the time out to reply! 

    Thank you!!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi Alicia! Welcome you’re new like me 

    Do you have a mentor? Definitely network and read this thread like a lot have suggested to me and also go to events 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Jamile Brown Thank you for your reply! No I currently don't and this is why I came here to network and soak in any information I can and I definitely plan on attending the events. There's one coming up Aug 26! We can always network together! :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Awesome I have plenty of material you can have to read to give you understanding also. I have a mentor 

  • Specialist · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 35 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jamile Brown:

    thanks Karl for welcoming me!!!!! Can you tell me what days are those meetings I would Love to be in attendance 

    Hi Jamile, the days that the REIA meetings are can vary. I would check out some of the BP meet ups in Miami or Broward County. Another great place to look for meet ups is on Meetups.com

  • New to Real Estate · Plantation, FL · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Jamile Brown This is the website (events page) for the Broward REIA that I attended: http://breia.com/upcoming-events/

    I went to their Shark Tank event where people presented their actual deals to "Shark" investors. It really enjoyed it. learned a lot and spoke with some of the vendors in the area. They also run the Miami-Dade REIA. Your first event with them should be free.

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi Mitchell thank you I will be at every event as possible 

  • Rental Property Investor · Pompano beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 478 posts · 194 votes
    8y
    We have a SEFL REIA weekly Meetup every Wednesday @ ABC Chinese 1919 W. Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield beach 33442 12-130pm. And every Thursday 12-2p @ Denny's 3151 w. 9th Ave & Oakland park Blvd ft.lauderdale 33309 $5 & buy own lunch, a different speaker each week. Newbie & experienced investors welcome.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Great thanks Rita for the info 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    thank you Rita! I will check it out. 

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Jamile Brown

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Wynwood · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hello from a fellow newbie!

    @Jamile Brown & @Alicia Joseph - great to know I'm not the only Miami newbie here!
    I recently relocated to South Beach from Madrid and am looking to invest in rental property in Miami. I'm definitely planning on attending the next REIA event & future real estate related meetups - so hopefully I'll be meeting everyone there! Looking forward to the real estate discussions.

    Cheers,

    Raul

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hey welcome !!!! We should connect I’ll be at the DREIA MEETING sept 19!

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @jamile BrownI I also a Real Estate newbie and interested in investing. I just moved to Miami from NY and would love to start becoming more and more educated in the market.  For the DREIA event on Wednesday is there a place to register or any cost to attend?

    Looking forward to getting involved, learning, and sharing with everybody! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi it’s $20 

  • Real Estate Broker · Fort Lauderdale · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    In my opinion the best is to partner up with someone who has experience. And they go half with you. That way both have skin in the game and works out better for you.

  • Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    Hello Jamile, how has the last year been going? Did you ever partner with a experienced person like Solo Malik said to do? I was Just wondering how the “newbies on this  thread” did in the past year or so. Anyone marking more money then they thought they would? Ant did you come across the investor who submits contracts on everything, but will never pull the trigger?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Jamile Brown

    I found that you only need a few serious cash buyers when starting out.

    One thing to do is go to listsource and get a list in the zip codes you’re looking to target. Filter it by homes purchased in the last 6 months and then click absentee owned.

    Once you get the list, skip trace for the owners phone number. Then call them and ask if they are looking to acquire more properties. If so, add them to your buyers list.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.