Real Estate Break-even Report (by city and state)

Real Estate Break-even Report (by city and state)

Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 9 votes

So I’m a tech guy from Seattle, and I’ve been exploring interesting real estate datasets. 

One of those datasets was one I found on Zillow’s website, particularly around breakeven points (measured in years) on buying homes around the U.S.  Their original report and map report can be found here:

https://bit.ly/2Fb3uxo

One challenge I had was that while I could see breakeven points on a U.S. map, I still couldn’t understand the statistic at a higher level. So what I did was created a distribution chart that allows me to see everything plotted against a bee swarm plot. Through this, I was able to see interesting anomalies and patterns around cities that seem to have faster break-even points versus slower ones. 

The report is live and available here:

https://bit.ly/2DsjZnf

I would love to hear BPs thoughts on the data, as well any additional questions they may have. 

Hope you all find this interesting!

0Reply
2 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.