Sole trader AND llc: consequences for VAT / Sales Tax

Sole trader AND llc: consequences for VAT / Sales Tax

Property Manager · Zurich, Switzerland · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 5 votes

After calculating my business plan, I found out that taxation is quite killing for business.

I wanted to set up an LLC to get more capital, to get around the 45% limitation for individuals. I'll then be able to get two apartments.
What happens then is that I have one privately owned apartment (can't move to LLC due to mortgage), and an LLC with 2 apartments.

The separate "entities" (sole proprietor and LLC) generate less income than the VAT / Sales Tax threshold.
However, both entities combined will. This of course will force me to charge VAT, making my "product" less attractive etc.

I didn't intend to "disaggregate" with a company on purpose, but there may be a chance the tax office thinks differently...
Especially if I'll have to use private money to (potentially) back-stop the negative cashflow of the LLC...
Anyone any experience with being Sole trader AND having an LLC to rent out property?

0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.