Offer Accepted, Now What?!?!

Offer Accepted, Now What?!?!

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Hello BP.  I just put in an as is cash offer on a home contingent upon inspection and it was verbally accepted.  Now that the offer is accepted, I printed a buyer / seller agreement off BP and plan on getting signature for the home.  I am not sure what the next steps are from a document perspective (Title Co., legal, and any other documentation resources that may be required).  Does anyone have a process document even at a high-level to help guide me?  Any and all help is much appreciated and please assume I am completely ignorant to the process. 

For Context:  This is my second flip but my first using a hard money lender and the home is being purchased in Tupelo, MS.  

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Lien VuongBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

Step 1: Get a wet signature of accepted offer!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    Just here to congratulation on your second flip. How exciting. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thank you!!

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    Hang on a second. You made a verbal offer and it was verbally accepted and you have nothing in writing and are printing the agreement to write up now? I am just making sure I have this straight because whenever I see Offer Accepted, Now What it means to me that you shouldn't be doing the deal if you don't know what comes after the acceptance. Do you not have your own standard contract? If you are using hard money do they understand the context and that it is not cash and that there will be some form of an appraisal? You said as-is cash offer contingent on inspection and those things are antithetical to each other. If you are making a true as-is offer, your inspections are for informational purposes or to uncover major things that could not have been foresee. Also, it's not a cash offer if you are using Hard Money. Hard Money acts like cash, but you are still borrowing and you should not say cash. Your contract can not say cash since there is financing involved.

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Step 1: Get a wet signature of accepted offer!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hey, Jonathon.  You sent a very detailed response so I will answer to the best of my ability.

     Hang on a second. You made a verbal offer and it was verbally accepted and you have nothing in writing and are printing the agreement to write up now?  

    - This is correct.   'If cash with a quick close should be changed' to 'quick close' that is fine but I am in a fortunate position that I can purchase the home cash if needed.  I just assumed hard money was basically a form of cash as I don't anticipate ever having a transaction where I  hand actual cash to a seller in my career.  If this could be an issue in the future I will change the verbiage. I think this will answer your closing statement as well 'Hard Money acts like cash, but you are still borrowing and you should not say cash. Your contract can not say cash since there is financing involved.'  Will likely need to change the verbiage as previously stated.  Thanks for insight

    Do you not have your own standard contract?

    - I pulled one of the many contracts posted on BiggerPockets.com/files and found a buyer agreement that had the most downloads and included inspection requirements.

    If you are using hard money do they understand the context and that it is not cash and that there will be some form of an appraisal?

    - Yes

    You said as-is cash offer contingent on inspection and those things are antithetical to each other. If you are making a true as-is offer, your inspections are for informational purposes or to uncover major things that could not have been foresee.

    - In the nicest way possible, antiethical is a reach considering the seller know the context of 'As-is' and has agreed to an inspection.  She is also a realtor (I should of included this info).  

    Thanks for the insight but I was really looking for next steps considering the missteps I currently made and what processes are open action items.  Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.